Volunteerism is a key to impact the world. One of CLED Ghana’s greatest assets is its volunteers and interns. CLED Ghana provides internships and volunteer program for students, professionals, groups and organizations from all over the world to contribute their skills and experiences towards our vision.
Because there is a shortage of expertise in special education in schools in Ghana, and CLED Ghana creates an opportunity for teachers, parents, school administrators, related services personnel, and students (when appropriate) to work together to improve educational results for children with learning disabilities and special needs in Ghana. Our vision is to facilitate the identification of learning disabilities and special educational needs in schools and connect a volunteer resource person with a site. Our goal is to improve the lives of children with learning disabilities and special needs by sharing professional expertise and experience as well as promoting goodwill between all cultures.
The Volunteer Service Project of CLED Ghana provides assistance in the area of special education to schools and organizations by sharing professional expertise with teachers, parents, school administrators, related services personnel, and students to work together to improve educational results for children with learning disabilities and special needs in Ghana.
CLED Ghana welcome volunteers or interns with vast special educational experience who can provide volunteer assistance during their retirement, sabbatical year or summer holidays.
In partnership with Ghana education service and Ghana health service, our project sites include both public and private basic schools, hospitals and children homes in Ghana.
Location: Kasoa, Ghana
- Basic spoken and written English language
- Background in Special Education, psychology, social work, pre-Medical, Medical, pre-Nursing, Nursing, Pharmacy, Public Health professionals or students/volunteers and or a field related to the area of specialization
Time Commitment: Short -term (1 month – 6 month) and long term (6 months – 1 year) options available
Education Project Essential Responsibilities:
- Work with schools to identify children with learning disabilities and special needs
- Planning Individualized Education Plan (IEP)
- Provide academic consultancy to the teachers
- Provide counseling to children with learning disabilities and special needs
- Support CLED staff in providing Individualized Learning Assistance (ILA), teacher in-service training and support in adapting the school curriculum to meet the needs of eligible children with learning disabilities and special needs.
- Work with CLED staff to campaign, advocate and spread information about learning disabilities and special needs and inclusive education.
- Research best practices in inclusive education
Health Project Essential Responsibilities:
The volunteer will be supporting in the consulting rooms, pharmacy, laboratory, maternity and records unit. The current range of opportunities that you may get involved with include either: -To work alongside local professionals observing different approaches to various conditions and treatments, and to assist with regular outreach work conducting basic health checks and health presentations in local communities -Assist in school health education and counseling on HIV, Malaria and Adolescences Reproductive Health, etc. -Assist in day to day running of hospitals and clinics, directly and assisting Doctors and Nurses in health consultancy, laboratory, midwifery, Eye care, pharmacies etc -Assist in organizing free health screenings, counseling and referrals for communities without access to health facilities and professionals
Details at glance:
- Training provided
- Housing, water and food available
- Electricity and internet available
- Language and cultural support available
- Individuals, group and families welcome
- Fee required
- Short-Term assignment available
How To Apply:
Email us: email@example.com for more information