Why pay to volunteer/intern?
CLED is not a profit making organization, the fee that you pay goes directly to covering your costs of being in Ghana. This includes your lodging and food, pre-departure preparation, on-site support, a small compensation to your host institution (if applicable) to cover their staff time and other costs of your training, and other behind the scenes services such as safety monitoring.
Rest assured, your money is being well spent to ensure that your experience in Ghana is as impactful and memorable as it can be.
Period of Volunteering
|First month (4 weeks)||USD$650|
|Additional weeks after first month||USD$120 per week|
What does this programme fee cover?
• Pre-Departure Handbook (details of everything you need to know about your arrival in Ghana),
• Airport transfers from Accra airport (pick up and drop off),
• Housing accommodation throughout your stay
• Breakfast and supper throughout your stay,
• Utility bills (electricity, water and gas)
• Small compensation to host family (if applicable)
• Orientation transportation and tours (first five days of arrival to familiarize yourself with the project sites and community you serve)
• Day tour to the capital city, Accra (seeing the major sights such as Independence Square, National Theatre, Arts and Cultural Center, Kwame Nkrumah Memorial Park)
• Continual assistance and contact from members of CLED staff
• 24/7 emergency support
• Small administration costs of organizing your placement.
Volunteers who prefer to cater for their own meals should let us know and we can make changes to the program fee.
NB: From June, 2017 all volunteers would be required to pay an additional project contribution fee of $200 to support CLED Project. Thank you for your willingness to support the vision of this foundation.
Other costs not included in the program fee:
• Airline Tickets
• Travel Insurance
Cost of living depends on individual choice and lifestyle! On a general budget we advise that you come with an additional $40-100 a week to cater for your personal needs such as lunch, phone credit, transportation, snacks, entertainment, drinks and excursions if preferred, and any other things you may wish to buy.